High-waisted style jeans are an ever-popular style of denim that many people love to wear. But with so many different body types, it can be difficult to decide which look is best suited to this flattering cut.
In this article, we’ll explore which body types look their best in these jeans and provide some tips on how to get the most out of this versatile piece of clothing.
Wearing High-Waisted Jeans
High-waisted jeans are particularly flattering on hourglass figures. With their defined waist and curvaceous hips, this body type looks great in jeans that hug the waistline and emphasize its shape.
For a casual look, try a pair of light-wash skinny jeans with a tucked-in tee or tank top for an effortlessly chic look.
What Body Shapes Suit Wearing High-Waisted Jeans?
Having a rectangle body shape is commonly known as a straight body shape. This occurs when all your measurements (waist shoulders, and even the hips) are the same.
If you are striving to have more shape or definition at the waist, then wearing high-waisted style jeans can help to create this look.
- High-waisted jeans will give you the illusion of having a curvier and defined silhouette, by drawing attention upwards away from your smaller waist, however, it is important to make sure these jeans are not too tight so that they do not cause an uncomfortable look.
- Another great style suggestion for those with a rectangle body shape would be to wear brightly colored tops with high-waisted bottoms in order to draw focus away from your midsection while also making you look taller.
2. Apple Body
When looking for clothing, try to focus on cuts that will create curves rather than accentuate a midline.
- Try high-waisted style jeans with a flare in the leg; as these will distract attention from your middle area while still creating curves elsewhere.
- Jackets or coats can help hide those areas where your body naturally broadens, while v-neck tops draw attention away from the abdomen.
- Heels are also great for elongating if you would like to appear leaner overall!
Embracing accessories such as jewelry and bags can also be a great tool.
3. Pear Body
The classic pear shape is characterized by a small waist, slightly wider hips, and full thighs.
- One of the best ways to dress for a pear-shaped figure is to go for high-waisted style jeans that give more definition to the waist while adding length to the silhouette. It’s also recommended to opt for dark washes as they make your legs appear slimmer.
- Wearing tight clothes emphasizes your curves even further, particularly if you have a flat or toned stomach.
- Accessories are your friends; they can be used strategically in order to draw attention away from certain areas or add more definitions where needed.
With some styling know-how and fashion advice, anyone with a pear body shape can learn how to dress their figure wonderfully!
4. Hourglass Body
For those with an hourglass shape, the best way to show off your curves and well-defined style waist is by wearing high-waisted jeans.
Not only do they create a slimming effect (Also check out What Shirts Make You Look Thinner), but you can also find styles that showcase your contours.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxed fit or even a tighter fit, high-waisted jeans come in all varieties to bring out the beauty of your hourglass figure.
Plus, you don’t have to be afraid to add some extra flair by wearing trendy crop tops. They look great when paired with high-waisted jeans, as they help draw attention to one of your most impressive features – your narrow waistline.
High-waisted jeans suit all women with an hourglass body shape perfectly, though there are still ways to give them more of a unique edge.
You can find jeans that are more rugged and slightly looser around your thighs while still sticking closely around your bum and waist.
By adding subtle details like this, it adds depth and dimension to any outfit without taking away from the classic silhouette of the hourglass figure desired by many women today.
Women with a diamond-shaped type have wide hip measurements, a bust size equal to the hips, and their waist area is generally in proportion with the rest of their body.
They tend to have an inverted ‘V” shape, which is the exact opposite of an “apple-shaped” figure or a pear-shaped figure.
- To really showcase the diamond shape, it’s important to wear styles that draw attention to your curves and your waistline.
- A high-waisted pair of jeans is perfect for showing off your silhouette gently and can be worn with confidence.
- For days when you want something more eye-catching, try wearing a spaghetti top as it will further highlight your unique silhouette and create a beautiful hourglass effect.
With this diamond body frame, confidence goes a long way! Enjoy dressing up and let your shapely figure do the talking!
6. Inverted Triangle
The inverted triangle shape is a unique silhouette among the rest, in that it features a tiny waist and slim legs, mixed with large breasts and broadened shoulders.
With such a shapely figure, emphasis must be placed on your best assets for the perfect combination of style and comfort when dressing.
- Generally speaking, high-waisted style jeans aren’t the most suitable, however, working with a light-wash pair can be beneficial.
- Moreover, choosing clothing pieces in dark colors on top may draw attention away from your chest area and balance out the proportion of your body type.
- Colorful pants or skirts can also bring out your slimmer hips, as well as focus your eyes on them.
A combination of these traits can create a stunning style for you inverted triangles out there! With this in mind, you can select silhouettes that are tailored around the waistline in the best ways for your personal body shape overall.
High-waisted style jeans look great on all body types, but some shapes can benefit more from them than others.
Hourglass shapes naturally have an advantage when it comes to wearing high-waisted jeans, as they accentuate the waistline and draw attention to curves.
Diamond and inverted triangle shapes may require a bit more thought when selecting outfits that work with their silhouettes. But with the right pieces and styling, they too can look amazing in this stylish denim trend, it’s all about the styling to get the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
High-waisted style jeans are a great option for almost anyone looking to add something unique to their wardrobe.
With their higher rise at the waist, they offer an excellent silhouette that emphasizes and flatters any figure.
This can be particularly beneficial if you’re aiming to look slimmer – the waistline is highlighted, providing a slimming effect.
They also create volume on your legs and stomach area, adding shape to any outfit.